Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Clean Bill of Health

If you have never experienced seeing your own reflection in a cat-scan machine, it is a peculiar experience. I stared up at my eyes staring back at me. Last night, I fainted. It was a frightening experience. After the Natasha Richardson story, I felt it was not worth taking a risk when it comes to my brain. So I dropped into the emergency room today.

All kinds of scenarios played out in my mind. I have no medical background, so I am sure many of these scenarios were completely unrealistic. I feared bleeding, suffocating my brain from oxygen. I feared tumors. Luckily, I am healthy. Dehydration was most likely the cause.

After almost two hours, I was finally back in my car in the visitor parking at Sibley Hospital in Washington, DC. It was at that point, before I turned the key, just after I closed the door that the relief finally set in. I broke out laughing, hysterically.

I have a clean bill of health and could not be happier right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment