Tuesday, April 14, 2009

President Bush on Piracy

Quick note: I know this blog has been somewhat inactive as of recently. Between my hospital trip, my trip to Albany for the special election, getting a new job, and partnering up with a film maker to produce political videos, I needed a little rest.

Piracy has been the hot topic of the last week or so. While not nearly enough attention is given to the question of how these men became pirates (a sad story of nuclear waste and illegal fishing), what has been talked about even less is this little PDF put out in December of 2008.

This reminds me of Clinton's Counter Terrorism Initiative. The big difference? President Bush threw his predecesor's plans out the freakin window, whereas, President Obama left his predecessor's plan in place. It may have been insufficient (like the majority of President Bush's attempts to solve a problem), but it was not ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment