Friday, April 3, 2009

Daily Chatterings: Friday, April 3rd 2009

THE BIG CHATTERING:
Yesterday marked a big day for President Obama and First Lady Michelle. Michelle was especially powerful, though not for her clothing. Her speech to the group of students from a girls school in London was simply moving. I said during the primaries, there are times I like Michelle even better than President Obama. This was one of those times. In these moments, she represents the definition of the American dream. A dream that no matter who you are, you have the ability to achieve whatever you set your mind on. It is truly an honor to have her represent our nation. I did not include a link beacause I have two videos down page for you to watch.

SOME OTHER CHATTERINGS:
As you know, the special election to fill Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand's seat ended in an astonishingly close initial result. There are still absentee and military votes to be counted, but I think this piece by the NY Liberal Examiner sums it up perfectly (although they Sen. Gillibrand's name wrong).

Students at Radford University in Virginia had a serious scare.

This is a huge victory for President Obama. This administration is acting quick and boldly. I for one, am pleased.

YOUR DAILY VIDEO TO CHAT ABOUT:
I could not keep it to only one....




Anything I'm missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment